Egret has a defined search process, which includes 32 discreet steps to ensure a qualified, interested, and motivated slate of candidates. The following represents the major elements within our search process:
1. Search Definition. This process is critical to the project success and entails conversations with all of the involved parties at your company. Search definition includes a marketing summary of the organization; the company’s strategic plan, market channels, current successes, current challenges, future growth opportunities, financial status, marketing plans and initiatives.
2. Search confirmation. Egret will prepare for you a marketing presentation that summarizes the essence of ‘why would the candidate want to work for your company?’ This presentation will include a definition of the position’s duties and responsibilities as well as the preferred soft skills and contacts necessary to ensure a successful hire.
3. Research. Egret will prepare a list of targeted companies to begin identifying source candidates. This target company list will include all competitive manufacturers as well as manufacturers in companies with similar channels of market coverage. It will also be prepared with market intelligence provided by your executives. Egret will then gather the contact information of those company employees who would be likely targets for your needs.
4. Recruitment and qualification. Egret will personally contact the individuals on the above research list for preliminary qualification and interest in your opportunity. Qualification process includes the following, gate-staged process:
- Gate 1: Competency Assessment
A series of career-related questions to determine, assess and assure the candidate has made successful and progressive movement in their career.
- Gate 2: Experience and Strategic Planning Competency
A comprehensive set of interview questions to evaluate the candidate’s past experience and validate a successful background to excel.
- Gate 3: Leadership Assessment (reserved for executive positions only)
A face-to-face interview focusing on a series of questions to evaluate and assess interpersonal skills, team-building, leadership qualities and management style to ensure a successful transition into your organizational culture, management philosophy and desired attributes for the candidate. The questions also probe for demonstrated examples of leadership results that mirror the desired 1-3 year strategic plan of our client.
5. Presentation. Egret will final qualify candidates, including degree verifications and reference checks and provide to you a complete dossier presentation on each candidate. The dossier will include the following elements:
- Summary assessment of their match against original specifications
- References, typically conducted after approval from the client company.
- Degree verification
- Financial and personal summary of the candidate
- Why the candidate is motivated or interested in pursuing the opportunity.
6. Interviews. Egret will coordinate all interview activities with each candidate.
7. Offer presentation. Egret will assist you in preparation and presentation of the offer to the successful candidate. Our services include compensation benchmarking throughout the search phase. We will negotiate and clarify any issues of compensation, relocation, non-cash issues and benefits.
8. Follow up and On-boarding assistance. Egret will ‘stay with’ the successful candidate throughout the first year of employment with defined follow up conversations. These conversations include verifying job satisfaction, job performance, job definition as well as personal issues; family transition issues, housing, education, etc.